Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, this is a multifaceted role. The successful candidates will be the subject-matter experts and will use their maintenance expertise to ensure that the equipment is running at optimal levels at all times.
The Technical Support will be responsible for all aspects of product manufacturing and equipment maintenance. This vacancy is an excellent opportunity for graduates of technical Diploma programs, or mechanically/electrically talented persons.
- Setups, adjustments, repairs, and maintain all process and process support equipment while maintaining production schedule.
- Perform preventive maintenance, predictive, routine, and breakdown maintenance.
- Promote and support continuous improvement activities in manufacturing and facilities.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical components.
- Complete written documentation of work performed.
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively and contribute to team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Native level of Maltese is ideal, however, a professional level of English is needed.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision.
- Organised and methodical.
- Preferably in possession of BTEC HND in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Although not required, candidates in possession of wireman’s electrical license A and B, will be preferred.
- Problem solver and thrives under pressure.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position with, ideally, experience in manufacturing.
- Experience working in an environment utilising continuous improvement tools (root cause analysis, six sigma).
- Candidates with previous experience with HACCP practices, ISO Standards or GMP and HSE guidelines will be given preference.
- Full time 40 hours on a shift roster (current shifts are day in/day out 0600-1900hrs). Shifts may possibly change to a day/night/rest/off rotation.