Monitoring Manager required to work with a reputable bank in Malta. If you feel you have potential, then we would like to hear from you.
The Monitoring Manager will be handling the monitoring team within the Risk Operations Department.
● Manage and assist the Monitoring team within Risk Operations having the below main tasks:
○ Ongoing Monitoring by performing periodic Partner and Merchant reviews, including keeping CDD documentation up to date, re-assessing the merchant’s business model and risk exposure based on historic processing patterns with Treuvo to determine if the terms established at onboarding stage are still valid.
○ Partner/Merchant Change Requests
○ Merchant Terminations
○ Reviewing Alerts;
● Coaching and developing existing employees within the Monitoring team;
● Conducting timely performance evaluations for the analysts within the Monitoring team;
● Work closely with the Head of Risk Operations to maintain up to date procedures for the company’s first line of defence, in accordance with company Policies;
● Work closeley with the Disputes & Fraud Department to ensure that the operational risks of merchant monitoring are mitigated
● Continuous process and system improvement and sharing best practice;
● Foster strong partnerships with other teams such as the Client Relations Team, Legal and Compliance, etc.;
● Regular liaison with internal stakeholders to understand the risk exposed by existing merchants
● Be familiar with the AML legislation and regulations in Malta, including the FIAU Implementing Procedures;
● Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role, preferably in payments, banking or online gaming
● Use of Monitoring tools such as Webshield and Card Scheme Platforms is considered an asset
● High competence in analyzing and understanding business models
● A diploma level of qualification in banking, finance or management will be considered an asset
● Possess sharp analytical skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other office applications including Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
● Be well organized, proactive, self-motivated, able to work on your own initiative and eager to learn.
● Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
● Be a team player and capable of meeting strict deadlines.
● Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
● Possess a strong work ethic and a team player mentality