We are currently on the lookout for an IT Projects Manager to join an established ICT Services Company in Malta. A great opportunity for those who are on the lookout for their next step up in their career. Interested? Get in touch! Onsite/remote working is also possible.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading projects through initiation, discovery, planning, execution, control and completion.
As the Project Manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee, steer and document all aspects of any project you are working on. Your interactions will include working closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and delivery plan of each project is on schedule and budget.
You shall also lead and participate in communication between the project team and the stakeholders throughout the projects to ensure proper requirements and feedback gathering, effective and timely testing and closure for each deliverable.
• Assume ownership of entrusted projects and their objectives.
• Develop and communicate project plans to the project teams.
• Define, plan and monitor projects’ work plans in terms of agreed timelines, outcomes, cost and quality.
• Constantly monitor and report on the project’s progress to all stakeholders
• Identify schedule slippage and react accordingly to bring work back on time
• Coordinate and manage customer meetings, remotely and on-site, in which the project team will be involved.
• Provide direction and support to the project team
• Identify and manage risks using best practices including contingency plans
• Perform testing of deliverables and take corrective action where necessary
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to senior management
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Prepare for project delivery through documented deployment plans and training
• Document all work in accordance with agreed standards
• Monitor and update project management tools
• Ensure timely communication with and to all stakeholders
• A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Business Administration or a relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a Project Manager in the IT Industry, preferably in a software development environment
• Excellent spoken and written English skills.
• Commitment to customer centricity and willingness to exceed expectations.
• Experience in project methodologies within an agile/scrum/waterfall framework.
• Conversant with project management methodologies and techniques (e.g. PRINCE 2, AGILE and PMI).
• Certified project manager, with comprehensive knowledge of software development. • Strong leadership skills and team management skills.
• Able to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to quickly gain in depth understanding of business requirements.
• Pro-active, flexible, dedicated, and hardworking by nature.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Must be an excellent team player and respond well to constructive feedback.
Beneficial to have
• Basic knowledge of accounting is considered a plus.
• Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies.
• Experience with Microsoft Project and Azure DevOps
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Business Acumen
• Currently living in Malta