HR Officer required to start ASAP with a company operating in the Engineering & Technical sector. Interested candidates that tick a big number of the job specs are invited to apply.
• Responsible for the recruitment process: Updating job requirements and job descriptions for positions in the company as the workflow evolves; Preparation of new job descriptions for advertising and promotion.
• Reviewing applications and acknowledging applications after having forwarded to respective department manager.
• Conducts recruitment appointments, carry out the first interviews and providing the necessary inputs during the hiring process.
• Assist in delivering company orientation/induction/training to new employees and facilitating newcomers joining formalities.
Retention of Employees / Training and development / Performance Management:
• Support the management and employees to improve work relationship, build morale and increase productivity.
• Assist and coordinate training needs together with the department managers as may be needed for both new and existing employees.
• Communicate and explain the company`s HR policies to all new and existing employees.
• Revise company policies as may be required from time to time.
• Assist the department manager in the bi yearly or yearly appraisals.
• Assist in any resolving grievances or queries that any of the employees have with the department manager as may be required.
Responsible for the management of Work permits. Collecting and preparing the necessary documentation required to process any work permits needed for Malta.
Engagement and termination legal obligations:
• Prepare employment contracts and other legal documentation needed
• Register employees with Jobsplus; Includes both engagement and termination forms which are required by law.
• Support in the processing of the monthly salaries.
• Entering and updating employee data on to the HR System (Shireburn)
• Providing access to Shireburn indigo portal and for the time and attendance module.
• Be the first point of contact for employee queries on payroll. Answer any queries by employees about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records after having double checked with respective Department Manager or any other query related to employee.
• Identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records and highlight any possible abuse.
• Handle the full and final settlement of the employee terminations.
• Carry out Exit Interviews and compile reports with respective feedback.
Other administrative duties:
• Prepares, submits and records all relevant HR documentation which include but not limited to disciplinary actions letters, promotions, Engagement forms, termination forms etc.
• Maintain and ensure that all HR records, such as those related to employee files, documentation resumes, letters etc. are up to date.
• Follow up and compute HR specific data (turnover, staff performance, recruitment, staffing needed, etc – Statistics);
• Certificate in HR or equivalent
• Basic knowledge of Maltese employment legislation.
• Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices;
• Conversant with MS Office applications
• Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements
• Analytical and goal oriented;
• Exhibit a positive attitude and initiative
• Must have motivation and interpersonal skills;
• Problem solving;
• Has the ability to retain team building / good relationship among the staff; • Deep knowledge of HR Marketing and Social Media and modern attractions and recruitment methodologies