A start up firm operating in the Fintech industry, located in Malta is currently recruiting for an IT Chief Technical Officer. An attractive salary offer is being offered to the right applicant. Interested? Get in touch with us !
The role of the Chief Technical Officer
The position of Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is a critical position in the company, being a key member of the company’s Executive Management Team and a central driver of the company’s operational infrastructure. We are looking for a technically experienced and highly motivated candidate with a passion for blockchain technology. A passion for disruptive, exponential technologies in general is a bonus.
The CTO drives all executive decisions with regard to the technological interests of the company. He or she is responsible for understanding the company’s technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs. The company’s CTO integrates within the technical community of the global organisation, and contributes to and liaises with the global technical community.
• Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
• Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
• Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
• Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
• Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
• Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
• Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
• Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
• Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
• Work closely within the Executive Committee to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
• Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for a minimum of three years, with specific experience of working with data centre and cloud server environments.
• Knowledge of Blockchain technologies.
• Leadership experience at crypto and/or fintech startup
• Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
• Ability to make data-driven decisions
• MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
• In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
• Proactive problem solver
• Be solutions-oriented with an emphasis on quality technical delivery.
• Work highly independently, with stakeholders outside the formal management structure
• Take the lead in face-to-face situations where local expertise and general knowledge in Technology is needed
• Support the European growth and/ or expansion of the business from a technology, regulatory, employment and security point of view
• Write good quality policies, procedures and technical documentation
• Be familiar with risks introduced to organisations by third parties, and processes and practices which can mitigate these
• Have a “finger on the pulse” of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem
• Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organisation