We are currently on the lookout for a Cost Analyst. This is a full time job opportunity on a reduced hours indefinite contract basis.
· Support commercial scenarios and simulations (capex, marginality).
· Prepare and present month-end reports and analyse cost variance.
· Build the yearly budget components and related analysis vs. previous year/s.
· Promote collaborations to lower the transit/lead times also for internally-supplied materials.
· Introducing cost control measures and getting the team onboard with new or changed processes.
· Setting up yearly standard costs for production of the various goods.
· Be proactive with feedback and direction regarding improvement areas in terms of productivity, waste reduction and cost control.
· Create scenarios related to supplier’s alternatives, including logistics and stock management.
· Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to ensure that any results meet targets agreed upon.
Driving efficiency and maximising productivity
· Bring the team together and influence change in areas such as identifying efficiency opportunities, considering different options within all the operational and financial aspects (such as payment terms optimisation, ideally to be factored in the contract / POs).
· Conduct various analyses related to different processes that could bring about cost savings.
· Proactively share researched info regarding market specific issues, always keeping a close eye on what is happening outside the company; suppliers’ market news and evolution.
· Promote and stimulate flexibility and lean flow.
· Ideally candidates hold an ACCA, CIMA or another recognised qualification in finance. However, years of experience in this role will be given due weight.
· Strong understanding of manufacturing industry.
· Integration of costings with manufacturing, plant maintenance, quality assurance and materials handling.
· Monitoring and measuring
· Analytical thinking
· Problem solving
· Capability to structure and define the role from scratch
· Influencing decisions and driving change
· Conflict management/resolution
· Project management
· Minimum 5 years functional experience in this role, ideally in manufacturing costing, actual period-end closing, variance calculation, standard cost budget.
· Proven experience in finance and costings with sound knowledge of ERP systems.